St. Patricks’ Day on March 17 is a day of celebration for all of Ireland and for Irish people around the world. The annual holiday is all about remembering and venerating their patron saint.
Here is our round-up of the fun events happening in the UAE celebrating the Irish holiday, make sure you get the green tee to go along.
St. Patrick’s Day In Dubai
1. Site visits – St Patrick’s Day in the UAE will include special green lighting at the Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, Yas Viceroy in Abu Dhabi and the Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club.
2. The Irish Village – The Irish Village at Al Garhoud is celebrating St Patrick’s Day by flying in the guest artist from Ireland. On Friday the 15thLive music all day from The Logues, The Real Shindig, Yeah Yeah Nah, And Dj Marky Mark alongside, Traditional Irish music and dancers, petting zoo, face painting, and a bouncy castle. Saturday 16th, Live music all day From The Logues, The Real Shindig, Yeah Yeah Nah, And Dj Marky Mark, along with Traditional Irish music and dancers. And last but not the least on Sunday the 17th, live music all day from The Logues, The Real Shindig, Yeah Yeah Nah and Dj Marky Mark. Traditional Irish music and dancers
3. The Dubliners – Le Meridien Dubai Hotel’s traditional Irish pub, The Dubliners, has a St Patrick’s Day Brunch on March 16 and 17. Expect Irish dancing, Irish hops, and even a Leprechaun competition. That’s not all, as the bar will be live screening the Six Nations final on Friday, along with offering a free Irish pint for all Irish and Scottish people on Sunday.
4. Fibber Magee’s – From Thursday, March 14 until Sunday, March 17, expect live music from The Real Shindig and more, Irish beverages priced at Dhs30 and a daily happy hour. The popular Irish bar will even be throwing a Friday brunch for Dhs63 and will be showing the Six Nations live the entire weekend. Be sure to come dressed in green.
Free entry. Thu Mar 14-Sun Mar 17. Open daily 8am-2am. Brunch: Dhs63. Fri Mar 15, noon-4pm. Saeed Tower One, Sheikh Zayed Road
5. McGettigan’s JBR – boasting live entertainment from the emerald isle, a “Leprechaun” set menu and live rugby action from the six nations. It all begins on Thursday, March 14 with a lively night party brimming with musical treats, along with a limited-time set menu for Dhs129 through St Paddy’s weekend. Expect to tuck in to roast beef, Irish stew, beef, and Irish hops pie and Irish hops chocolate mousse as a desert. Expect a daily happy hour from 4 pm until 8 pm serving up five special mixed drinks with an Irish twist.
St. Patrick’s Day In Abu Dhabi
1. Victor’s Pub, Hilton Capital grand – Victor’s start it on March 15th in a Friday Brunch where you can feast your gob on copious amounts of food starting with unlimited starters, choice of the main course, choice of dessert & unlimited house beverages (AED 199 Net Per Person) while our house band, H2O rocks out all your favorite sing-along tunes. Continue the feast on Saturday & Sunday 16 & 17 of March, as we offer a Traditional Irish Food bacon & cabbage or fish and chips with Guinness stout by AED 89 Net per person
2. PJ O’ Reilly’s – The fun starts with a special Irish-themed brunch, complete with Irish dishes, Irish tunes and a performance by the Bailey Murray Academy of Irish dance. Kids will be kept entertained with face painting and plenty of games, and there’s also complimentary pool access and lots of giveaways. From 4pm onwards the after party kicks in, with food and drink deals and live music from Sweet Chilli Jam, Spice Berry and DJ Lola Nova. Or, if you want to make a weekend of it, there’s also a ‘Stay & Brunch’ offer which including breakfast and an overnight stay for two.
3. McGettigan’s al Raha beach – Shake your shamrock! McGettigan’s are hosting the ULTIMATE Paddy’s Party on the beach on Thursday 14th March. It’s the ultimate celebration all day of all things Irish, featuring a fantastic evening of live music from some of Ireland’s BIGGEST musicians on the stunning beach at Al Raha Beach hotel. The beach at Al Raha Beach Hotel is being turned into a mini music festival, with Irish musicians Gavin James, The Coronas both performing. This will be a night full of INCREDIBLE entertainment, award-winning food, and beverages from the McGettigan’s team, and of course great craic!
4. Cooper’s – Starting Celebrations start as the famous Cooper’s monthly party is all about St. Patrick’s on the 13th of March from 8pm onwards. Gather your crew for a great evening of live entertainment, fun atmosphere, and amazing drink selections paired with traditional Irish treats. Enjoy free entry and make sure you wear your fave green outfit and have the chance to win exciting prizes. The fun continues on Thursday the 14th as Cooper’s showcases an exciting St. Patrick’s After-Party. Enjoy great deals on drinks while the DJ keeps everyone in the party mood. Take breaks from dancing and there’s no better time to indulge in the pub’s famous Guinness Pie or the traditional Fish & Chips. On Friday the St. Patrick’s themed Friday Brunch from 12noon till 4pm. Enjoy traditional pub grub, your favorite Cooper’s brisket and a lot more options along with special themed cocktails and beverages to keep you in the mood. Opt for the Shamrock Package for AED 250 and enjoy an excellent selection of draughts. Who says the brunch stops at 4pm? Extend for AED 99 and carry on with your shamrock package drinks till 7pm